IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Monday, June 21, 2010

Picture of the Day… Day 21

Only 9 more pictures! What a relief. I love that this little project has made me more, “out there” in the blogging world, but it is a lot of pressure. I appreciate that I have friends, parents, cousins, and others motivating me to continue my picture of the day.

Nora finished her first semester at Little Gym. It was the first time that she had a scheduled/routine class. As a mom, I never thought of this being a big deal, but when I look at where she was when she started at Little Gym, and where she is now… it is pretty incredible. The gym is great for her. She has learned so many behaviors that I can’t teach her at home. Waiting in a line for your turn- she often says to me, “We don’t cut in front of our friends.” She usually says it at the appropriate times, like when I move her aside to answer the front door, or when I put Smith in front of her in the bathtub, but I think the only time she has heard that is when the word “Friends” is tacked on the end.  She also has gained confidence in many areas as well. Miss Whitney, the teacher, gave Nora her award, and said that Nora is always the first one to volunteer, and always has something to contribute to the class discussion. Hmmm… I wonder where she gets that from? Before she started the class, she didn’t even want anything to do with the balance beam, and by the end, she was walking through a hula hoop down the beam. I asked her, “What is your favorite part of “Little Gym”? She said, “the rings, Mihh Whitney, and doing the chihen dance(the chicken dance)”.

We will be taking the summer off from Little Gym, but our Jazzy Bug will return in September for her 2nd semester.

I just love this picture… each girl has her own little personality… and the picture shows it perfect! Thank you to Grandma, Lulu, Papa, and Nana for funding our little gymnast this semester. She couldn’t have done it with out you!

DSC_4947

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Meegan said...

I know I could have found a better place to make this comment but...Thanks for validating my decision. It has been quite the emotional rollercoaster deciding to walk away from it for a while, because I really do love the opportunities I've had because of it. Thanks for your support K! Love ya back girl!

Q'Ville said...

By far the cutiest girl there but I might be a little bias. I was thinking however about your dilema with everyone telling her how cute she is, she also has such a sweet kind nature, she is helpful, cares about others and is ussually a joy to be around. I guess the trick is to reenforce all those other good attrributes so she's not the snooty cute girl. No problem for you and Joel. I'm so glad your back on the BLOG.
Love yous
DOD