IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Thank you Grandma!!!

When my grandfather passed away in March, everyone asked Grandma, "What are you going to do now?" Her response was classic Grandma Staub, "I am going to spend more time with my grand kids." We can all agree that we have definitely seen her more, but I don't think it is us she really wants to see. She knows that if she wants to see the little kids, she has to see us! Either way, we love it, and we love her.

She came our way this weekend, with a purpose! She had no idea that her coming here would alter my life in some way. I haven't seen the affects of it yet, but it got me thinking, and I can't wait! The purpose of her coming, other then seeing her BEAUTIFUL, CHARMING, CARING, FAVORITE grand daughter (me of course), was to make a craft with the little kids. (Cousins... you know I'm KIDDING! We all know Natalie is the favorite!)

This craft is the most genius thing I have seen in a while. I asked grandma where she came up with the idea. Of course... she goes to the Red Cross to donate blood, and the cookies they gave her were magnificent! Cookies like that cannot be homemade, so she went to ask the workers where she could buy cookies like that? I can imagine her talking to a volunteer for an hour about these cookies. Turns out, they are homemade. Now, I am not kidding you when I say this, these taste just like the cookies that you can buy from the girl scouts, the peanut butter ones! Why didn't I think of this? This is my new treat that I will be bringing to pot lucks, road trips, parties, during All My Children, whatever (by the way, I don't watch soaps, I made that last one up). I have only tasted the ones that the kids made, kind of scary, but I can only imagine how yummy they will be.

Here are some pictures, and the description you are all dying to know.

Fist of all, I usually recommend store brand products, in this recipe, you must use the name brand. It really does make a difference. RITZ crackers, JIF Peanut Butter, and good quality chocolate. And do what Ky, Nora, and their Great Grandma do:



When you are done with that part, and ONLY when you are done with that part, you are allowed to do this:


Then of course, what is peanut butter without chocolate? GOOD CHOCOLATE!




So that is the short and sweet of it! Put them in the fridge for a half an hour, then you are ready to enjoy! If you do decide to make this with your kids, here is a little look at what you are in for:

Germ free of course!


Happy but dirty, KEEP IT REAL folks! Have fun with it!



I had to add this one of Alie, because I LOVE HER!!!! (Don't be mad)


And this one of Matt... he deserved it!

I had to add this one, because this hasn't happened since I quit nursing last... December. I miss these sweet moments with my daughter.

1 comments:

Sisters staying connected... said...

I am mad at you...may never talk to you again :) ...alie