IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Saturday, June 7, 2008

A Strawberry Stud Muffin is BORN!

Sometime last month, when I bought a schloo of my favorite strawberries at Costco, I made strawberry muffins. I thought they were... O.K. Joel on the other hand... well here is the email he sent in refrence to my muffins!

> From: Joel Evans
> Subject: Lament of the last muffin
> To: "'kirstynnlq
> Date: Thursday, May 22, 2008, 10:38 AM

> To start a day hungry is yuck. To start a day with a muffin
> or four is grand. My life has been brighter evey day this
> week nibbling the tasty strawbery love you baked for me.
> Today i took the last muffin. Only one bite left... And its
> gone. So i morn the end of happy days. I weep for the empty
> bellys to come. I whale aloud knowing tomarow will be
> muffinless. Thank you for the joy you have given me. More
> please?

Some day he'll read this blog, and will be very embarrassed that I publicly outed him as a sensitive guy!

Anyways.... three weeks later, I make more muffins! It is always nice to be appreciated for the simple things. If they make him happy, then it is my pleasure to serve! I am also going to use them to bribe my brothers father-in-law into teaching Sunday School next Sunday for me... hehehe!!!

I have been playing around with my camera, the settings and the lighting, etc. I really don't know what I am doing, and reading the stinkin manual is not what I want to do in my free time. By the way, this is my current camera, that I am trying to get along with until I prove to Him, how much I want the new one. Still working on it! Here are some cooking shots. Please... I need feedback! What am I doing wrong? What should I change? What looks alright?


Cleaned, and chopped strawberries... the essence of the muffin.


1/2 Cup half and half (I used whole milk)


SO, I know my laptop is in this pic, but other then that I really like this. Am I wrong?


Gently folded, I like, it's coming together!


Why does it look sooo blue? What did I do? HEEEEEELLLLLP!!!!

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Kirstynn I LOVE this! I have to try this recipe for sure. I love that you used so many angles and textures. We need to do our Indian food day after I get back!

BexxT said...

It looks like you need to do a white balance... which non-pro cameras just can't do. Indoor lighting can appear blue- and if you were using those "natural light" bulbs that are really cool (aka blue) then you would definitely get this look. We use warm lighting in the house which more like sunlight-

When you get your pro camera- you can prevent this by doing white balance (aka take a picture of a something white, then make camera adjustments). You can change your current photos in photoshop- but it isn't very fun to do- just take down the blues in the whole image.