IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Keepin It Real

Joel said to me the other day, "Your blog is always happy, and positive. Don't you think people will stop believing you, and think you can't be happy and positive ALL THE TIME?"

So, I got to thinking, and thought, there are some things in our lives that may not be the most uplifting. I looked around other blogs, and didn't see a lot of posts on negative, and unhappy things. There are some out there, and I even enjoy reading some of them. Here are a few things in my life, that I have to "Keep it real".

DISCLAIMER: Overly super happy people, quit reading now. This post will not be held responsible for any negative thoughts by the reader, of the author or the individuals involved in the posts.

I have not worn eye make-up in two weeks. Which is a HUGE deal for me. I usually don't wear a lot of make up, but my eyes are the one thing that must have some color, and definition. Nope... not since the 15th of June. Just keepin it real!



The good news is, I got my first allergy shot today, and it wasn't so bad. I am 1/37 of the way there! (Sorry Joel, is that too positive?)

At the beginning of the month, when I thought, "I can take a Claritin, they don't make you drowsey...." I zonked out! Nora played tea party while I sawed a few logs! Sorry, baby girl! When I woke up, this is what I saw!

What you don't see, is the three stickers all over my face. I still to this day, don't know where these stickers came from, and cannot figure out how she got her clothes off. Just keepin it real!

The dishes in my dishwasher have been clean since Sunday!
The whites in my dryer have been clean since last Wednesday!
I have three cases of craft "crap" that is waiting to be crafted!
I also have 1 box of stuff to ebay, that Joel and I have wanted to ebay since... May... of 2007!

Just keepin it real people. My intent to blog is never to show the person who I want to be. It shows the people WE ARE!

4 comments:

Jean Smith said...

hey kirstynn...you totally make me giggle. thanks for keeping it real...but i must say that even when you are "keeping it real," you are still a happy, positive person.

Jennifer Urbin Photography said...

You are such a good writer, I never get bored reading your posts. I'm so glad you're my friend. You crack me up all of the time. I love you.

Jennifer Urbin Photography said...

I love the new "Blog-lift"! Bummer that you lost all your old stuff though. Did you figure out how to get them back?

Cristi said...

I know! I always "keep it real" on our blog too! Blogging is literally my journal. So I write exactly everything exactly as I'm feeling it! Love ya!