IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Not a marathon, but a 5K...


One week while about to die in beach body boot camp, Alie said to me, "You and I are going to train for and run a marathon". HAAAAHAAAA!!! That was even funnier then the 8 thousand pilates push ups we had to do! I guess my brother said that she couldn't convince me to do it. Which he is 100% right! Then I tried to convince Joel to go with her. Joel is a high school and college track star! so this is something I thought he would be geeked about. Apparently he isn't a "distance" runner. (Sure... he just didn't want to get beat by his sister-in-law.) So as of last night, I am training for a 5K race. I know... it is not any big deal at all. What is it like 3 miles? But for me, I am not a runner. If you know me at all, you know I am quite the opposite. I am a walker, and a SLOW one! Anyways, I thought it would be a good personal goal, and something that I can focus one, and train for. So on September 27th, come see me fulfill my lifetime dream of running a 5K at the Kennsington Metro Park!!!! If these ladies can do, I can .... Right? Eeeeek!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm SOOOOO excited for you! When is the 5K? Just remember, jogging is ALL in the mind. Just don't think about it, and you'll be able to do it. Listen to music too :)

Julie Barb said...

Go Kirstynn!!! You are my idol...seriously...you go girl!

Clear the clutter said...

Good luck! I can picture you in your darling running outfit, nail polish matching your new but somewhat broken in running shoes. Go for it. Matt is right, there is no one in this world that could get you to do a marathon - me too though, must be a family thing.

Tearz said...

I'm in- I've been running for a while too and I'll do the 5k with you and Allie if I'm around. Can't wait! Go girl!! You can do it~