IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

No camera= No pictures

I left my daggum battery charger in Michigan, and am awaiting its arrival back into my home. In the mean time, it has been rather different enjoying life without a camera. We went to the beach last weekend, and while there were PLENTY of photo ops... I enjoyed not worrying about it.

It really is summer here. The streets are more crowded. It is a different place than when we moved here, that is for sure. By 10am it is over 80 degrees, which is pretty hot for us. Nora covers her nose and says, "I don't like the heat!" Maybe she thinks it stinks? This week we begin a weekly playgroup at the beach.

I had my first doctors appointment last week. It was long, but good. My due date is December 28th. This is my 11th week. It is such a blessing to plan such an event. I have known the feeling and worry that comes along with not being able to be pregnant, so I want to be sensative to those that I care about who are in similar situations. Joel and I have NEVER agreed on names, even "Nora", he didn't agree on... and then one day, he fell in love with it. So we have started the baby naming process. I can tell that it is going to take 29 more weeks to figure it out. We asked Nora, "What should we name the baby?" She says, "Nora, Peter Pan, Elmo, Mommy..." so she is absolutely no help at all.

I have been in a "FUNK" this week, and am trying to pull out of it. I have not felt 100%, I have editing that needs to get done *eh... dinners have been, less than exciting... laundry to catch up on from our trip... just not feeling up to any of it. Even blogging, has obviously been low on my priority list. I got lots of great sleep last night, and when I woke up this morning, I though, "WOW... I don't feel tired, for the first time all week!" Then an hour later... I was tired again. So, sorry for the blog lacking, and negative posts! I will make next week better. If I make it to next week... hehehe...

4 comments:

Q'Ville said...

Thanks for the updates. Love the details. Box a coming so you can start snapping again. Elmo? that would be fun. It kind of goes with Nora. 2 consanents, 2 vowels, 2 sylables. Hmm think about it. ;)

Jean Smith said...

hi evans's's's! sorry about the "funk." we all have our weeks...FOR SURE. it seemed so weird when you said 29 more weeks...geez...that's crazy that you are almost three months already! oh, by the way, i vote for elmo...FOR SURE.

Cristi said...

Good luck on the baby names! Jeff and I have the opposite problem. We have had names picked out (for each sex) since we got married. We just can't seem to get a baby here! And I think Peter Pan Evans would be darling :)

The Prices said...

I think funk's sometimes end up really giving our bodies and minds the recharge they need! Good luck with baby! We're so excited for you!! btw, My due date with Brooklyn was December 28th, she was 6 days early.