IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Monday, June 29, 2009

OBSESSED

It has been a while since I blogged. I am so behind, that I figure... just forget about it. Some great images on my camera will have to wait another day. Not only am I behind on blogging, but baking, laundry, cleaning, correspondents, you know, all those things that I can put off till tomorrow, but really I shouldn't! Anyways...



Joel and I have a new show that we are OBSESSED with! It is called "OBSESSED". It is on A&E every Monday night. It is a documentary on people with OCD's, and the treatment they go through to deal with their OCD. It has been very fascinating for us both. We both have "issues", similar to the subjects on the show, but never as extreme, and so we ask each other, "On a scale of 1-10, what is your anxiety level?" Then we try different "exposures" on each other. The program clearly indicates that "This is monitored by trained professionals, and do not try this at home..." but we were never ones to clearly follow the rules.

So, it has opened my eyes to the things that could be considered a MINOR level of OCD. And even compared to the people on the show... probably not even an OCD... but things that raise my anxiety level to around 6-9...

Obviously, going to the dentist... 10

My closet: I don't care what the rest of my house looks like, my closet HAS got to be immaculate. ROYGBV (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Violet, White, Cream, Grey, Black) all my clothes, on wooden hangers, facing the same direction, shortest sleeve to longest.

Decorative Towels are to be looked at ONLY, never ever touched, or used. Goes the same for the kitchen, and bathroom!

Making the bed... I think this is a common one, because I remember a Friends episode where Monica was teaching her B/F Tom Selek, how to make the bed. Also similar to me. Sheets must be faced in the right direction, duvet cover goes on one way, and one way only, pillow case liners must be put on tag end first, then the covers the opposite.

Touching my face... UGH... DO NOT TOUCH MY FACE! If Joel has come home, and has washed his hands with soap, and his hands are approved, he may GENTLY touch my face. I am too self conscience of blemishes, and clogged pores. Having a baby, has really loosened me up to this one, but now that she knows not to touch my face, my anxiety gets a little higher when it is touched.

Fortunately, I don't have any "rituals", or anything that is harmful to me or my family. These are all things that just kind of get under my skin, and make me a little crazy. I think we all have a little crazy in us! Speaking of which... LAUNDRY!!!

4 comments:

Meegan said...

may you NEVER have the misfortune of meeting my closet in a dark alley...

If I would have know that about the whole touching your face thing, I'm sure we (all the roommates) would have pinned you down and touched your face. . . A LOT!!! 'Cause we were just that awesome, and sensitive about that kind of stuff.

Let me introduce you to my little friend. . . Valium. :)
(don't judge me! an anxiety free life is a good life!)

[ok, NO I don't take valium. but it sounded good]

Jean Smith said...

this is a great post! the things i learn about my friend kirstynn from her blog...

hey, i need your address...email or text it to me!!!!!!!!!!!

Q'Ville said...

... and any of those are BAD things?

Julie Barb said...

when is that show on? what time and what station...sounds like something I'd like to watch:)