IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Its going to be a LONG 27 more weeks!

I am sorry, but food, is on my mind all the time! ALL THE TIME! Even when I feel sick to my stomach, and like I can't eat another bite... there is some food out there, that I want to eat. I have been watching Food Network, and there is this show, called, "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives". Talk about the job that I need to have right now! Mmmmm.

Last Friday, I really wanted HOT Krispy Kreme Doughnuts. So Nora and I drove 15 minutes to the closest KK Shop. They loved her there. She was watching through the window how the "bathe" the doughnuts, then they send them to bed in a "blanket" of icing. She was waving to all the workers. They were having a blast with her. We were there way longer than I thought we would be! When we left, I thought... this will be our Friday tradition. (I think I even thought every other Friday tradition...)

This morning, I could not get those doughnuts out of my head. I really needed to have another one. I thought we could go, I'll buy a dozen, then keep em here, and have one per day, for the rest of the week. So when we got there, the workers were so excited to see Nora again! The regulars were also excited to see her! She told the counter worker, she wanted one with "pinkles". The super, wonderful, gal went to the back, and came back with a whole BAG of mini sprinkle doughnuts, JUST FOR NORA! *Wait a minute... I'm the one that needs these! Who does Miss Nora think she is? She is stealing my treats!!! Ahh, well, she's way cuter then I am!* So I ordered 2 hot, and 2 Chocolate Iced Creme Filled. Plus the sprinkles.. equals one dozen! We sat, and watched the workers, and waved, and flirted, and had a great time. Then that super wonderful worker, brought me another HOT one! Then the guy Nora was flirting with in the back, brought ANOTHER HOT ONE! AND I KEPT EATING THEM!!! I will never ever admit how many I ate in one sitting, but it was more than Nora. I think we have a new Monday through Friday tradition! YIKES... in no time, I am going to be in BIG TROUBLE! HUGE, ENORMOUS, FAT, DIMPLY, CHUBBY, TOURBLE! Maybe we could WALK to KK, then I could justify it? Or ride our bikes? I need to seriously think about that! In the mean time, there are a few more that I brought home that should really be taken care of.

4 comments:

AMy said...

you are speaking my love language....mmmmmm doughnuts....and krispy kremes are so naughty bc it is so easy to eat like 12....great. now i want some.

Unknown said...

When your mom was expecting you, she baked a 9x13 pan of brownies and ate 1/2 of the pan! She was then so embarassed that she'd eaten so many, that she ate the rest of the pan and cleaned up the mess so no one would be the wiser.(I love that story)

Julie Barb said...

Man...reading your post is making my mouth water...sooooo love Krispy Kreme donuts... ANd you can totally justify it...you're eating for two!

Julie

Angie Cheney said...

What a cute experience for you and Nora with the people there! :)

You know, I was just reading how you've stopped drinking diet coke, and I'm sure it's related to your always thinking about food because caffeine is a big hunger suppresant. Sorry! Your baby will thank you for it (okay maybe not, but it's the right thing to do). :)