IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Fathers Day Pleasure

Yeah... Fathers day was well over a week ago, but here is what I had to blog about. (Notice how blogging has become a thing on my "TO DO" list... why is that?) Since Joel is always trying to improve my cooking skills, I really challenged myself for him on Fathers Day. Of course he received breakfast in bed, but when we came home from church, he had a lunch surprise. Something he has been wanting to eat for... 4 years.

When we were first married, I was working in a coffee shop in Ann Arbor. They were testing the market for deli sandwiches. Who better to test on them , my number one regular... He told them, "This is the best sandwich I have ever eaten!"

Throughout the years, I thought about duplicating this for him, then I realized the amount of work, and fancy ingredients that went into it! This year, I DID IT... It was a lot of work, but I think it paid off. He was VERY happy. This has become a Fathers Day favorite. The Fathers Day Muffeletta.

Muffelettas are big in New Orleans. They are made with an olive salad, great crusty bread, two different cheeses, and three different meats. It was HUGE, and he was able to eat it for most of the week. If you want to make your man REALLY happy, learn to make the Mufeletta! I think I scored a 9 on this... it would have been a 10 if it weren't so big! (He just wants me to make it again, just for my perfect 10 score... I KNOW IT!)

2 comments:

The Prices said...

Good for you! My man got hot dogs for dinner....I did make him breakfast in bed, though.

Julie Barb said...

Man, whwnever I read one of your cooking posts I feel like such a slacker wife. Next Father's Day, I'm sending Scott to your house:)...

Julie