IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Monday, February 2, 2009

Yep, today, it hit me!

Before today, the moving day didn't seem that real. The bosses at Joels work were going back and forth of an actual date. On Friday we heard from the boss directly above Joel, that we should plan on March 1st. Not very promising, but still something to work with. Then today Joel talked to the boss', boss, (the brains behind this whole move). He told him his start date in Virginia will be April 1st. More promising then anything else we have heard yet. So, just to keep everyone updated... we ARE still moving. We ARE still selling the house. We ARE extremely sad to go. The three of us are going to make a trip down to the "BEACH" sometime in March, and nail down a rental property, leave a car there, and then come home, and get the rest of our house packed up. It is all very real now. The winter has gotten us a little down, knowing that we have a sunny place to look forward to has helped. Now knowing that we will be here the rest of the winter... tough! BUT, it is the last winter in Michigan. I was talking to a friend from out of state today, and he mentioned that Michigan isn't doing to well. That is the truth. It is cold. The unemployment rate is rising rapidly. Apparently the Governor plans to address the state tomorrow, and say, "The government is not the solution to the problems." Great... can't wait! If we didn't have such great friends and family here, this move would be nothing but, the best thing that could happen! However, we all know that is not the reality. In reality we still struggle with our decision to move. But, we know it is the right thing to do.

I shared a few thoughts in church on Sunday about us moving. Let me explain... Joel is a very hard working, husband. He has a job that requires him to be very social with people all day. He is very good at his job, so good, that they need him in other parts of the country. When he gets home from work, the last thing he wants to do is be social. He wants to stay home, and be with his family. On the other hand, I have a job that has little to no socializing. Unless playing dress up, or potty talking all day counts. Then you would think that I am the most social person on the planet. So, when Joel gets home, and I want to go out, and hang with friends, he gets frustrated! When he gets home, and wants to stay in all night, I get frustrates. We have been able to manage these situations as they come up, but it continues to be an issue. So, while we are preparing to move, Joel and I have been on the same "social" page. We had a conversation about it the other night, all about "who we want to be in v.b.". He knows that my social circle will be non-existent when we get there, so he wants to be more social. I know that as well, and so I want to be more "home maker". It sounds a little twisted/ desperate house wive-ish, but it is really fun. So when we get there, we are going to be new people. The New Evans' are in the making. To think that my husband will be more social, is almost intimidating for me. Everyone knows him as outgoing, and fun to be around already, so we are either going to be the "power couple" or the "how are they together couple". We are trying to make the most out of this, and have a little fun with it too. Psycho... I know! We will always be Joel, Kirstynn and Nora... but this is our chance to be a little bit better then we are now. We have all the people we know here to look up to. I refuse to name names, but we have said, "Let's be... (fill in the name of a very happy couple, or an extremely successful couple, or the couple that is always at church 15 minutes early, with all 5 kids dressed perfectly, with perfect hair, and smiling... you get the idea...).

Who I hope we become, are the happy, and humbled people that love life, and love each other. As long as we continue to raise our family to love one another, as our Savior has loved us, then who we are will take over.

I will continue to update my blog when I learn of information. This was a long boring ranting post with no pictures. I am sorry for that. I needed to get some things out! Phew!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I consider my self amongst the luckiest to have a wife who is able to articulate her thoughts and feelings so clearly. I think of how many disagreements between people are due to miscommunication and how rare it is for us in our marriage to be out of step with each other. That’s not to say we always see eye to eye but I always know where I stand, and since we have nothing to miss communicate about sometimes I just call to hear her sweet voice.

cp

corrie said...

Moving stinks, but you've heard the story of the man who came to a new city and asked the old man standing outside the gates "What's this city like?" The old man asked "What was the city you just left like?" "It was great! I was sad to leave. I had a great home, friends, family. ect." The old man replied "You will find the same here."
It may take a while (took me a year) but it all comes together and most likely...you will be just as sad to leave Virginia.
"There is no progress in passing from ease to ease." can't remember where that came from, but I love it.
Sorry for the long comment.
Good luck!
xoxoxo