IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Monday, February 9, 2009

MOST embarassing moment... BY FAR!

Before today, my most embarrassing moment was when I was 16. I was in a play, and had a major crush on the lead. The closing night, we had a party, immediately following the play, in our costumes. We were all so sad the play was over, and hugging everyone. The "lead" came and gave me a great big hug. As he was pulling away, my braces got stuck on his costume. Instead of letting him know, I was stuck to him, I just kept hugging him, and tried desperately to unhook him off of my teeth!

Today, after 13 years, of not being able to top that... IT HAPPENED! Nora and I were playing dress up before we left for dance class. We got wrapped up in the fanciness, and had to rush out the door. We got there just in time for class. Then Nora and I went to JoAnns to get a few crafty items. While we were in line, a lady said, "Is your mom a princess?" Nora just looked at her like, "UH... yeah..." Then the lady pointed out how beautiful my tiara was. It turns out, that the entire time, I still had on a tiara!!!

Joel came home, heard my story, and said, "That is blog worthy!" So, I let him take my picture of my beautiful tiara!!! (I hate posting pictures of me on my blog, but in this case, you have to get the FULL effect!!!)

7 comments:

Jean Smith said...

you are such a GEEK! haha...i had to see the picture to get the full effect. that sucker is big, sparkly, and pink...how hilarious!!!

Cristi said...

Oh my GOSH! That is one of the funniest things I've heard! And SO sounds like something I would do!! I love it and am so glad you posted it here!

And good luck with all the baby stuff. I can empathize. Truly.

Loves to you!

Julie Barb said...

Too funny!, although I still think the braces getting stuck would be worse:)

Carrie said...

Not only is that blog worthy, but it's comment worthy! Man, I wish I could have been there. You know you think you are a princess!

Clear the clutter said...

So are you telling me that there is something wrong with wearing a tiara around? Oh no, better put mine away! :)

Cori said...

that just means youre a great mom :)

Anonymous said...

I think you are a dork!

But I love you for it!

cp