IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Monday, February 16, 2009

Mormons ARE popular!

I am in love with reality tv. Really, if there is a way to be in love with anything that comes on tv, it would be me with reality shows! Anytime I hear about a new show coming on, I can't listen, because, I can't have ANOTHER reality show that I watch. Actually, it's not that many. We don't watch cable tv in our house, so everything we watch is local channels. So, I love, (please don't send me hate mail, because I say, "I LOVE TV"... you know what I mean... right?)... So, shows I love... American Idol, Survivor, Amazing Race, Bachelor, So you think you can dance, Dancing with the Stars, Biggest Loser, The City (online), Real World (online), The Apprentice... that is about it. Recently, I have noticed a trend, and I wondered if anyone else has noticed it?

I know there are lots more, but you get the idea.
So, a few things interest me, 1) these people are very open about their religion. Could I tell you the other religions of ANY other contestant on Survivor... Nope. Why? Why is there a fascination with Mormons? It doesn't bother me at all, I just wondered what it is? 2) There are a few other contestants on shows that are currently running, that I have a pretty good idea that are Mormon, but I can't find any information on line about them. I also wondered if this is true in other religions? Can you spot your own religion, or is it only Mormons that have "indicators"? For example, one contestant was at home, and I saw a wedding picture on the wall, there was a bride, a groom, and a temple. INDICATOR. One contestant went home to surprise his family, and she freaked out and said, "OH MY HECK!"

Although, you may not know how to respond to a post like this, I just couldn't not post about it.

4 comments:

Q'Ville said...

I can spot my religion. We have a client who I just got the feeling was a Latter-Day Saint. I only heard his voice and saw his name. My sister was helping me drop off Christmas gifts to clients once and we were at his office and she said "He's in my ward". Confirmed.

Angie Cheney said...

:) Another indicator, the red Jesus picture on the wall in the background on Dr. Phil...

corrie said...

I love tv too. There are two couples on Biggest Loser this season that are LDS. The cousins and...can't remember the other one right now.
I didn't know the girl who won last season was a Mormon!
interesting.

corrie said...

I love tv too. There are two couples on Biggest Loser this season that are LDS. The cousins and...can't remember the other one right now.
I didn't know the girl who won last season was a Mormon!
interesting.