IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Friday, January 30, 2009

To get my mind off of my EVER FAILING computer!

I have been really down in the dumps about this computer issue we are having in the Evans Household. Some of our very best friends, Jean and Travis, are coming over to cash in on a "Talent Dontaion" tomorrow. While they are here, we are going to also cash in on his talents. He is the master at computers! So, with a small prayer in my heart, we will see what he can come up with. This is the way I look at it, since I am really dumb with computers, I couldn't screw it up that bad... right? Let's hope!!! It's really weird, but since the whole diareah/computer mess, my blog is doing funny things. I don't have spell check anymore, no option to post a picture, change the fonts, or colors... weird things, that maybe if I knew anything, I could understand. So, if you are feeling up to it, and want to send a little virtual hope my way... I could really use it!

Speaking of "HOPE", let me tell a story...

One of my favorite cities is Chicago. I love it there. I make a trip there a couple of times a year, and every time I am there, I fall in love with it all over again. LOVE IT! Since we are moving to Virginia soon, I probabally won't be making any frequent stops in this fabulous city. It will no longer be a 4 hour drive, and if we come this way, we are coming home, to see friends, and family, which we have none of in Chicago. I thought, I would love to get in to the audience of Oprah. I am sure there is no possible way. People try for YEARS to get in to see her. What are the chances? I went to the website, and called the line, and of course, the recording said, "We have no seating available for the month of January or February. Please try again in February for seating to the March tapings. Also, check out our website for 'Last Minute Seating'." So, I poked around, and found where they had seating for the 17th & 18th of February. I filled out the online questionier, (forgive my spelling, no spell check!). Everything I read, specifically said, "you are not gaurenteed a seat. Please wait for an email from Harpo Studios to confirm seating." When I lived in NYC, I weasled my way into pleanty of shows, and knew, that this meant, I WAS IN! Then I remembered an Oprah episode, "The Secret", and you have to "will" things to happen. I didn't buy into it, still don't, but thought I would humor myself, and others. So I posted on my facebook act. "I'm going to see OPRAH!" When I knew dang well, I am not confirmed. I could be making a complete idiot of myself. But this is me... "willing" for it to happen. Then I got tons of comments, "You're so lucky! I'm so jealous. ect." I started to feel bad that I may have jumped the gun? SO, I was going to wait till next week, to hear something from The Oprah Show, then call them, then announce to myself, and then others, that I was a HUGE dork for even thinking that I would be able to go see Oprah.

So, Joel and I were on the phone while he was driving home from work. We were talking about our date night, and my cell started buzzing. I was TOTALLY annoyed, until I saw, ILLINOIS CALL. I freaked out! CHICAGO!!! I answered, totally hung up on my husband, and screamed the poor girls ear off on the other end. She said, I have confirmed seats! She started listing, where to go, what to bring, what to wear, what not to bring, the entire time, I AM LITTERALLY, JUMPING, JUMPING, JUMPING!!! (Nora thought I was pretending to be Tigger!) I was jumping so hard, I hung up on her! AHHHHHHH... I called her right back. Luckily, I remembered her name, otherwise, it could have been a disaster! She asked me who I was bringing, I told her one of my best friends Katie. When I got off the phone with her, I called Katie. Katie is driving from Florida to Michigan today, which would be rather depressing, so when she answered, I started screaming! and jumping... I managed to tell her, WE ARE GOING TO OPRAH!!!! She refused to believe me. Nuh uh! Nuh uh! You're lying, Nuh-uh!!! I still don't think she believes me. So, although, it is old news, it is "CONFIRMED" old news! I am going to be in the audience of the Oprah Winfrey Show! I have no idea what the show is about, nor do I really care! To be honest, I haven't seen the show in months! (don't tell Oprah... oh crap, what if she reads my blog... HAH!) That would be pretty awesome though! Thank you for humoring me, and listening to my shallow little story. I never thought something like this would actually make me jump up and down for 25 minutes straight! YIPEEEEE! I'm goin to Oprah! One to cross off my Bucket List! I feel very vulnerable without spell check. You all now know what a horrible speller/typer I am. Have a great weekend!!!

4 comments:

Julie Barb said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that Travis can fix your computer. I know I am totally dependent on my computer as I'm sure you are...having it not work would be like cutting off my right arm!

I am so incredibly happy for you that you get to see Oprah!!! (and admitedly jealous!!) You will have to keep us updated on when it will air so we can look for you! Have so much fun!!

Anonymous said...

I still don't believe you!!

LunaMoonbeam said...

That's great that you get to go see Oprah!

About your blog. This might sound COMPLETELY DUMB, but if it helps...that's great.

I had the same problem with my blog...until I noticed that up at the top of the box where I write my blog post, there are two tabs. One says "html" and one says "compose". If you're in "html", you won't have any of your nifty buttons. Those are all on the "compose" tab.

If that isn't the problem...then just ignore this. :-) I'm just sayin'...it's a mistake that I made before! (those tabs are new-ish, I think...)

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Trying to pretend to be happy for u.

cp