IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Loved one, lost his battle... but gained so much more

So many posts... and not a single creative thought to share...

There is about to be a few posts, that seem all over the board. I am so sorry. I promised that I would have a Giveaway, and I have to get it done, however, the timing is really bad.
Let's just get this one out of the way.

I have been so blessed to spend my entire childhood, and a good portion of my adulthood, with 4 grandparents. Last spring I lost my first grandparent, my moms dad. Last night, I lost my second grandparent, my dads dad. He died of cancer. He was surrounded by the people who loved him most. He will be greatly missed. It was so pleasant to be by his side for most of the day. He went to live with our Father minutes after we left him for the night. Nora spent the day hugging Nana, and rubbing his hands. When she wasn't doing that, she was trying to make everyone else happy, by singing, and dancing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristynn and the Quenneville Family - Our thoughts and prayers are with you. I'm so glad that all of you are together at this time. We do have the truth; you'll see your Grandfather again but we'll still miss them while we're down here and they're up there.
Love to all, Aunt Mary

Jean Smith said...

hi kirstynn...i'm sorry about your grandfather...loves to you SOOOO much.

Angie Cheney said...

Sorry about your loss Kirstynn, Joel and Nora.

Kevin said...

Sorry to hear about your loss. Love the pics.

Jennifer Urbin Photography said...

After I looked at your pictures I had a loss for words...so I couldn't comment the first time around. I'm so sorry for loss, but try to find peace knowing that he's no longer suffering and is being cared for by our loving heavenly father. You're pictures are beautiful and tastefully done. You've really captured the love and the emotion of this difficult time beautifully.