IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Monday, January 26, 2009

I'm BAAAAACK!

I think last week was honestly, the most fun, stressful, adventuress, and memorable, week I have had in a long time! It was fun to be in Florida during record breaking low temperatures. Just to see the Floridians walking around, not even knowing how to get warm was hilarious! I think they had a low of 21 degrees while we were there. Thankfully, I am from Michigan, and my blood is thick. We handled it like pros!

I have lots to blog about the last week, but I wanted to blog about my baby first. Before we left for Florida, she started a tap class. Seriously, no kidding, no exaggeration, one of the cutest moments in her life. Of course I had to be the dorky mom smapping her picture. One day, she is going to be able to say, "Mom, you're embarassing me with that stinkin camera!" Hopefully not anytime soon, and hopefully after she says, "Mom, here's me, take my picture!"

I thought it is time for her to be more involved, and I wanted to see how she is compared to other kids her age. I know I shouldn't do that, comparing her to other kids, but I am really concerned with her "only child syndrome", and it makes me feel better, sometimes worse, to see where she stacks up to others her age. It also helps me figure out what I should work on with her. Today in class, she was very clingy to momma. She spent the first 15 minutes on my lap, which frusterated me to no end. Nothing like spending money to have Nora watch the other kids tap!!! But once she saw that they were reaching for Tigger tails, (she met Tigger last week, so she could relate!) then bouncing around the room just like Tigger, she wanted to be a part of it! So, I hope that she warms up, and will some day spend the entire class period actually IN the class. I also made another observation, and maybe this is me being proud, (although, I hope not) I don't know why, but, Nora was the teachers pet, (in my opinion). Maybe it was just becuase, she wanted her to feel comfortable, I don't know, but there were some things that Nora was doing, that the other kids were doing too, and she didn't get corrected, but the other girls did. I will keep my eye on that. I am not sure that is a bad thing, but I don't want Nora to think that she can get away with more. Super boring post, I know, but I really have to blog about these things! A few people out there depend on me to go on and on about how great I think my daughter is! (Actually, I think only the grandparents really care!)

3 comments:

Tearz said...

Seriously......Nora is sooo stinkin cute. Glad you and your girl had a fun time. I was thinking about you guys while I was sitting infront of my fireplace trying to thaw. ha!

Jean Smith said...

geez you world traveler! good to have you back! can't wait to hear more about your florida adventures! wanna do lunch this week? wednesday? thursday?

oh my GOSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHH. nora looks so dang cute in her little dance outfit. sigh...girly things...

Julie Barb said...

Welcome back Kirstynn...missed you...and your blog posts:) How fun for you and Nora to do dance classes! Now all those tutus can be put to good use!!