IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Did this just really happen???

Neither Joel or myself know anything about computers! I know how to turn them on. I know how to upload pictures, create a new document, the standard stuff. I know what I need to know. However, repairing it, we know nothing about. The last couple of days, I noticed it was getting slower, processing more, every once in a while, a warning popup came up, that I would of course ignore, because I didn't know what the jargin meant anyways! I am on the verge of crying. Is it possible to have all of my programs still saved, but all the document/pictures gone? Well, that is exactly what happened! Joel is gone at church tonight, so, he can't even help me. Where did all that stuff go? I have some of my pictures backed up, but I didn't back up everything. I don't even know where to look. This is so freaking sad! I could really just cuss right now! Please, does anyone know what I should do? ANYTHING?

7 comments:

Kathy Twitchell said...

call Brenda pronto- she will know what to do! good luck!

Cristi said...

Kirstynn, you can probably take your hard drive into a place (like Best Buy) and they can salvage what was on it if your computer isn't working. But maybe that's not what you're after? I'm not smart with computers either, unless it's a mac. And then I have Jeff who knows what to do! So GOOD LUCK!!! This STINKS!!!

Julie Barb said...

I would call Travis...remember when Jean lost all her pictures and she was freaking out...and he was able to retrieve most of them...?? That totally stinks!! Seriously...my pictures are so important...and now with technology, many of us don't print them out as much anymore...a good reminder for all of us to back them up to a website! Hopefully you get everything back!!

Angie Cheney said...

Kirstynn, Frank or I can probably help too if you haven't all ready found someone. We're close to you. :)

Jean Smith said...

hmmm...sounds like you need some recovery software. don't worry, nowadays, even if you have a major crash, it can be recovered. do you remember my huge crash? we recovered 95% of it with some recovery software we bought.

AMy said...

this is a total bummer.

Kevin said...

Punch it.