IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Pay it forward...

How sad, that I haven't blogged in a really long time. We will see how long my favorite little boy gives me, before he beckons me, aka... my yumminess!!!

I had to blog about something that brought tears to my eyes, and I couldn't wait another moment.

Last night, we went to dinner with some very dear friends of ours. We were celebrating Joe's birthday! Yay... Happy Birthday JOE!!! We love you!!! Anyways, we went to his favorite place. I local/trendy/happening place that we have never been before, but we loved. Five 01 City Grill. We have Lulu and papa in town, so we left them home with Nora, which they loved, but the birthday boy was less in love with! (Nora and Joe are like BFFs, or something!!!) Smith made his first public appearance! So, Saturday night, three couples, new baby, fun restraint. While our friend Dana was holding, googling over Smith, the table next to ours, was also admiring/googling over him. They were 2 beautiful women in their early-mid 60s (was my guess), they looked like they could be sisters, but also best friends. They asked about Smith, how old, how big, the usual... and then one of the women proceeded to tell us about her 42year old baby, who is 240 lbs, and 6ft 2. I could tell that she was either an amazing grandma, or had a BIG mommas boy somewhere. She left to use the restroom, and stopped to talk personally to me about her baby, and how beautiful she thought Smith was. She went out of her way to make me feel very special. I was touched. As they left, they again stopped to talk to us, and gave a little bit of mommy advice, which I always think is precious. I kept thinking what a sweet lady she was, and that she really made me feel warm and fuzzy with her special comments. If I could adopt a local grammy... she is who I would look for! =) After the women were long and gone, our waitress came to our table, and said, "The women at the table, were so impressed with your party, and they thought you were all so happy, and such beautiful families, they picked up your bill." Now, I have heard of these sort of things happening, but never has it ever happened to me. I felt like the poor distraught waitress that was left $100.00 tip. Our whole party was so ecstatic. It was such a nice gesture. It was nice that we got out of having to pay, but what was even nicer, was that she made it a point to make me feel good. She could have left without paying our bill, and I would have been just as impressed with her generosity.

So, sometime this week, I will pay it forward, and I would encourage anyone else to do the same. It doesn't have to cost any money, or it could cost as much as you can afford. Just the fact, that you can make someone else feel good about themselves in such a simple way. These are just a few pictures. The guys... The girls... and the booth of 2 special ladies!



0 comments: