IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Noraism: Wishing on a Star

Last night Nora and I had a "girls night out". She got to stay up late, and was able to tell us where to go, and what to do. She chose to go to Target, (that's my girl), and wanted to get Princess and Frog panties. With Princess Frog on the brain: we left the house, and it was dark out. Very VERY rarely does my child exist outside when it is dark. She usually turns into a pumpkin around 7pm. But last night she saw some stars in the sky, and was EXCITED.

Nora: Mommy, what do you wish for?
Mommy: I wish for a happy daughter, who listens to her mommy! Nora, what do you wish for?
Nora: I wish for curly hair! A ring from my prince, and Princess and Frog panties.

I really thought the princess thing was a phase, and maybe it is... but will this phase go away before she thinks she really truly is a princess? Please?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She and Marley will ALWAYS be Princesses to me. DOD

Jennifer Urbin Photography said...

precious! glad you're back to blogging!