IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Smith is MIGHTY!

Joel wanted to name Smith, "MIGHTY". Really, no joke! He thought that if you have a name like "MIGHTY" then you will go on to do "MIGHTY" things in life. I am glad we didn't name him that, but I think that he would have fit the name, if we had. When Smith was 4 days old, he had to be re-admitted because of Jaundice. I stayed with him over night to nurse him. It was very emotional, and scary for me. It was totally routine, and happens all the time, but I was still a wreck! I wanted to be at HOME with my baby. When he left the hospital the first time, his belirubin score was 11, normal. When he was admitted 4 days later is was 22, WAY above normal. Our goal was to get the score back to 11, 12, 13ish. In order to test the score, every 4 hours he had to have his foot pricked, and then squished to fill a vile of blood. It was traumatic for him and I both! Every 4 hours, I had to go visit the snack bar, or vending machines. I couldn't be in ear shot, or I would attack like a momma bear! By the next morning his score was 13. He is mighty! His poor poor little tiny foot!



His first day at church, Joel was able to administer Smiths blessing. Something all babies receive in our church. It is where he was given his name, and a few other blessings daddy thought were appropriate for him. It was no surprise that the word "MIGHTY" was used, but not for his name, phew! Smith looked precious on his blessing day, so I had to steal a few shots!




Lulu and Papa made it down for the special event, and to meet their new grandson! Papa participated in the blessing too. Thank you dad! And we caught our first family of four photo. The big bags under my eyes, say it all! I really try to look put together, but at times, there is not enough concealer in the world! It's ok... you can judge me!


8 comments:

RH said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RH said...

Ha! Mighty indeed! It made me think of that new show "the middle" where they said they gave their boys tough sounding names so they could intimidate other children, thus prevent being picked on.

XOXO and squish him for us!

Q'Ville said...

LuLu and Papa love him a MIGHTY bunch. (Nora too.)

Chelsea Cisneros said...

sO CUTE! I love the little outfit he wore for his blessing! What a special day. I am afraid the tux we got our baby boy in MExico is going to be too big for him at the blessing, you will have to tell me what you think.

The Prices said...

Brooklyn had to have a lot of pricking too since I was strep B positive....but it was DADDY bear that attacked.

Smith is just precious and you all are a beautiful family!

Loves!

Sisters staying connected... said...

I love that family picture of you guys, so sweet. I cant wait to hold and snuggle on that sweet baby. You are a wonderful mom, doesn't matter if the kids are dressed or not :) Love ya! alie

Jennifer Urbin Photography said...

seriously...you guys are all adorable!!! how exciting that your parent's were able to be there for smiths big day! smith is a doll....and kirstynn...you look great...not a trace of sleepless nights written anywhere on your face ;) loves! oh and joel...i'm likin' the new scruff!

Clear the clutter said...

Cassie's feet were pricked so much that we said she looked like she was attacked by a cat. Sorry you had to go through it, but glad that it is over!