IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Monday, December 1, 2008

WHAT have we gotten ourselves into???


I am in bed typing this from Joels laptop. My computer is in... 5+ pieces in the den, waiting to either be packed, or... set back up "impersonally". And to know, that I have to go all day tomorrow without my computer... well, frightens me! The last few days we have been packing! I know what you are thinking, "You don't even know when you are moving... why would you start packing?" Well, we are trying to sell our first house! This is the first time we have lived in a house, and we built it, so we don't really have a lot of experience in the whole house buying/selling area. On Thursday, we are having the realtor come over, and she is doing a "virtual tour" photo shoot. So, the house has to look picture perfect! NO CLUTTER, NO STUFF, PRESS EVERYTHING, blah, blah, blah!!! This is something that is so super annoying to me! I know it shouldn't be, and I understand the whole concept, however... I am not a designer. I will pick up a decorating magazine, and every page looks great! I LOVE IT ALL! So, I really don't know how to make this house look any better. When we built the house, construction went into winter, and we accumulated OUTRAGEOUS winter building costs! So, our decorating budget went out the ice cold window! Which I was fine with, because, like I said, I am not a decorator! But, now that we are moving, I have to pretty it up? It breaks my heart to have to move as it is, leaving an even more beautiful home, is going to make it that much harder.

To look at the bright side though, it feels soooooo good, to get rid of a bunch of stuff. We packed 13 tubs, gave away 3 truck loads, and donated another truck load! And that is only 1/3 of the house!

I really don't know what it takes to sell a house. I am hoping that our prayers are enough. That is all we can really do at this point.

On another note, Joel and I are going to Virginia on Saturday, and coming home on Tuesday. I am excited to see what they have to offer. I am excited to see where Joels new place of business will be. I am excited to take a mini getaway, just the two of us. However, I am not sure how I will do without my "prin-prin" for that long. We will miss her like crazy! And I honestly think it could be a tough trip if we brought her with us. While we are there, we plan to meet with a realtor, and look at a few houses for rent. We also plan to visit a possible ward. (We will church shop more once we move, but I am really excited about this part of the move... hehe...) We will see Joels mall. And depending on how the day with the realtor goes, we may also be apartment shopping. Which is my speciality! I was a leasing agent for several years, and know how to make those agents tick... that will be fun too!

I would like to cry out to my faithful blogging buddies, if you could keep our humble little home in your prayers, it would be so appreciative. And if you know of anyone looking to rent/or buy a great little happy, peacful, sweet, home... in the Howell/Brighton area, please pass on some info... please.

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. And remember, usually I may respond very quickly to emails, however, since I will be ALL day without my computer, then you may not hear from me until... 5pm tomorrow.... YIKES! Whatever will I do??? Clean/Pack/Organize/"Impersonalize".... I will for sure deserve a vacation by the end of this week!

4 comments:

The Prices said...

Ah, selling a house...we did ALL of those little tricks too, while I was sick and prego with Taylee. It made me so mad because I think if you can't look past the stuff and realize you're not buying the stuff, well, you don't deserve my house then! Good luck, you'll be in our prayers for sure.

Kevin said...

Still sucks you guys are moving. Every time I've moved, I've sworn it will be the last - it is never fun.

Jennifer Urbin Photography said...

I'm praying and crying....:(

Julie Barb said...

I don't envy all the work you have ahead of you to get the house ready to sell and packing and all...but all the new adventures of looking for a new place and discovering your new city and stuff will be fun. I'm looking forward to watching Nora tomorrow!! Mallory will like having a girl to play with for the day!! I'll pray that all will work out with your house:)