IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Reflections of Christ

A couple of years ago, I learned of this amazing photographer. Being one that is intrigued by talented photographers, I became a fan. During the season of Christ, I have noticed bloggers talking about Mark Mabry, and I thought I would jump on the "Reflections of Christ" post.

It had me thinking tonight, about where I am at this season. I have been underwhelmed. Baking, decorating, crafting, all those things that make the season so fun, have been far far down on my priority list. I didn't get cards out this year. I had Joel and Nora decorate the tree. Just things that I should be excited about, I really haven't. I am so grateful to be able to feel the love of the Savior every day. I continually try to honor His birth, His life, and His death throughout the entire year. I think it is great, that so many people in this world take advantage of His love for us during Christmas time. I would like to think, He would be pretty proud of the birthday party we throw for Him.

So, in lui of a Christmas card from the Evans Family, here is a video from Reflections of Christ, and the link to their website. Please share it with those you know. Don't let the twinkling lights over shine the reason for this season. Merry merry Christmas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that!

Julie Barb said...

That is really beautiful to watch...and much more important than any Christmas card:) I'm glad I'm not the only one that was overwhelmed this year by the holidays. When it's all said and done...I'm always glad to return to normal life...