IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Friday, December 26, 2008

FINALLY... I am in the spirit of Christmas!!!

It is the day after Christmas! I can finally say, that I am feelin the holidays!! Nora and I went shopping early this morning, and got all sorts of deals, in hopes that next year, I will be more in the decorating mood. IT WORKED! Why is it that shopping, always makes me feel better? And shopping at 70% off, it the ULTIMATE HIGH!

We are half done with our Christmas gatherings. So many wonderful things happened over the last two days, then I can now open up, and share all the things that led up to. I have taken oodles of pictures, and I am so excited to share them.

On the Sunday before Christmas, Nora and I had a mini photo session in the kitchen before we left for church. I am usually very particular with the shots I allow in my camera. After 10 minutes of giving Joel specific instructions about how to take the pictures, he finally just did it the way he wanted. I REALLY NEED TO LOOSEN UP! Nora has gotten really good at ignoring the camera, and so we get some really good shots of the back of her head.

Speaking of the back of her head, remind me to tell you what the big mark on her head is. It is rather disturbing!

I went to a cookie party before Christmas, and got to mingle with the best of friends. I am such a big nerd... I don't know why they put up with me.
Here are the cookies that I made. Which is why in my last post, I needed crushed up mints. They were really fun. I never tried them, but my awesome sister-in-law yelled at me, because they were really good, and she had to hit the treadmill extra hard the next day. Is it weird that I enjoy the look of the things I make, rather then the taste? Usually, the things I like to taste, don't look good in photos. And the things that are fabulous to look at, aren't pleasing to my taste. I have always been a little backwards like that though.


Speaking of food... my friend Jennifer, and I have a tradition, where the weekend before Christmas, we spend HOURS making Grandma Buscha's TOP SECRET canoli recipe. The recipe is so top secret, that I am not even allowed to know what goes into them. I am only allowed to roll, and fry the shells. But, they are pretty A-mazing as far as Italian Pastries go. And also beautiful to photograph... HEY... maybe, I'm not so weird. This is enough for one post. I have much more to post about, but need to take a breather from all this yummy food. "I can actually hear me getting fatter!"

4 comments:

Jennifer Urbin Photography said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer Urbin Photography said...

I'm sad to think that this was probably our last time that we will ever make our Christmas cannolis together. You'll have to try and come home a week early for Christmas each year so we can try to continue our tradition. Please say that you'll try. It will give me something to look forward to. I had lot's of fun...you are probably the only person crazy enough to start such a huge project at 8:30 p.m. with me. I wish I could tell you the top "secret recipe", but if I did then I'd have to kill you...and what fun would that be ;)? By the way, I love the last picture....it's soooo great! Nice tin....I just bought the same ones.

Anonymous said...

Okay so many comments on one post... First you look so beautiful in those pics with Nora. Second, who is that chubby girl with you and allie? Puke blah third, those were some yummy cookies but screw the treadmill.
Third, I am shocked you haven't photographed and boneless buf. Wings yet.:) k I think that is it. See ya in the mornin.

Jean Smith said...

i'm hiring joel as an assistant photographer...those pics are SUPER cute! ohhhhh, and the canoli's look sooooooooooooo yummy. what a fun tradition!!!