IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Friday, December 26, 2008

Santa's not the only one with HELPERS!

Something that I never heard of, until I had my own child, are "Mothers Helpers". Maybe this is something that you pro moms know about, and maybe not... if not, I am here to share a great piece of advice. A mothers helper is a girl that is old enough to help with kids, but not old enough to be left alone. So she comes over, and "helps". They are cheaper then a babysitter, and convenient to have around during the holidays, when I really want to bake, and someone else really wants me to pretend I am a Prince Phillip, who happened upon a Sleeping Beauty "Once upon a Dream". It is fun for the kiddie, and preparatory for the girl. So when I needed one of these "Mothers Helpers", who else would I call, but my most favorite babysitters, little sister. Nora had a blast! I had a mini session with them playing in the snow. How adorable is this little "Chew" (Her parents call her Chewy.)?

0 comments: