IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Friday, December 26, 2008

"Nifty Fifty"

That is the term I heard/read a few times while researching my Christmas present!!! Do my photography friends know what the hoot I'm talking about? Well, next time you are in a conversation with other photographers, and you want to sound super wicked... while talking about your 50mm fixed lens... call it a "nifty 50". Your friends will be impressed!

Anyways... this is what I wanted for Christmas. It is my first addition to my photography hobby. So far I LOVE IT! Although, it isn't as cool as I thought it would be. I am not sure it will Auto Focus, but if it does, I haven't learned how yet. Here are a few shots while playing with the 50.





I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. I am looking so forward for 2009, and all the many adventures our family will encounter.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

K first of all you really had time to post this today? Second I love the new pictures they are awesome.

Jean Smith said...

nifty 50, huh? never heard of it. apparently i need to get my lingo down if i want to hang with the big dogs. ugh...that's frustrating that it doesn't auto focus. oh well, look on the bright side...if you always do it yourself, it will always be 100% crystal clear where you want it to be (rather than relying on the not-always-accurate camera and lens).

Cristi said...

To this day, my 50mm is one of my favorite lenses. I have the Canon 50mm and it's great. I hope you continue to love yours! (Does it really not auto focus? That stinks! Maybe you can take it and trade it?) Anyway, looks like you guys are having fun!!