IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Thursday, December 11, 2008

My poor Blog!

It has really missed seeing my baby! I haven't put anything about her on my blog in a very long time. Because there was nothing special that I thought I should blog about, (really, I have been a lousy mom the last few weeks, and have lost all bragging rights to what a perfect little angel I have. She still takes the binki, blanky, not potty trained, and thinks her name is Nora Kirstynn Evans!) so, in looking at the positive, I thought I would blog about how beautiful she is! Joel and I try to make her think that she is also smart, and not only beautiful. Sure, I prance her around in tutus, and squeaky shoes, and she gets lots of attention, but when we are at home, we don't sit around telling her how cute she is. Anyways, she talks all the time. She always wants mommy to sing princess songs to her. Beauty, Belle, Rella, Jammy, White... She knows them all. And if I try to change the words, or sing too loud, she gets mad, and Shushes me! A few weeks ago, while I was putting her to bed, she wanted me to sing the "Ky" song. I told her I didn't know the "Ky" song. She kept insisting on the "Ky" song. After several attempts to convince her that I really didn't know what she was talking about, and her insisting that I did, I made an executive decision, and made up my own "KY SONG". Then she wanted a Marley song. Then a Maggie song, then a Ryan song, and every other person she has ever known! That was a long bed time night. And thankfully she forgot about it!


I am preparing a talk that I have to give on Sunday. The topic is peace. After Nora fell asleep, I took a couple pictures. When I close my eyes, and think of the word "PEACE" this is what I see...


Then I noticed something else, that I don't think I have blogged about, but think it is blog worthy....
THE TAG! This blankey has become her "blankey". The one she will always have, and will never forget about. Last February Nora and I were going on our first flight together. Because I didn't know how it would go, I bought a "spare blankey". Thinking that if she got sick while on the flight, I would have a clean back up! Only when I went to buy the new one, the tag was different. They changed the material on them. Of course it is not the same, and of course she would have to notice. Thankfully we didn't need a back up. It would sure be handy now though. She has rubbed the tag on this so thin, that it is almost impossible to find. We are past the stage where she would wake up in the middle of the night, yelling, "TAAAAAAAAAAAAAG!!! TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG!!!" She can find it on her own now. Every time I wash it, it gets a little smaller and smaller. The tag is also turning black. Not quite sure how that happened, but it is rather GROSS!

2 comments:

The Prices said...

What a cute girl! I found squeakers at a holiday open house over Thanksgiving and could not resist after seeing Nora in them. So now Taylee squeaks around all over the place and gets soooo much attention, as if she didn't already get enough! I love them.

Anonymous said...

Speaking for myself I find peace in the smile of my daughter, in the laugh of my wife and in the chapel of my Fathers church. These are the things I work for everyday. When ever I find my self in the grip a challenge I step back and feel the truth of moments like my daughter sleeping safely. I have yet to be confronted with anything I can not overcome with the strength of family and faith. I love this post. I loved your talk. Peace is where you make it.

CP