IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Peanut Butter Fudge: Light on the NUTS!



Since before we were married, Joel has been asking me to make peanut butter fudge. I have never really made fudge. I was intimidated. When ever we go to Macinac Island, after I see the Grand Hotel, I just want to go and watch them make fudge. I could sit there all day, and be mesmerized with its beauty. The HUGE marble slab, that extra large copper kettles, the way that man handle that fudge, is amazing to me. Since I don't have a 15 foot long marble counter top, and a 55 gallon copper kettle pot, it seemed intimidating to make fudge. That, and I hear it is pretty easy to screw up. So while Joel is home, in bed, suffering, I felt an ounce of pity. I decided to make fudge. I knew by doing so, I was opening myself up to all sorts of "CONSTRUCTIVE" criticism, and feedback. After reading and searching through MANY MANY recipes to find the right one, with the right ingredients, and not much time involved, I FOUND IT! I thought, if it is this easy, it can't be that good? I even amaze myself sometimes! It was really easy, and "CP" LOVED IT! Partially because he is heavily sedated, but he made me feel very special, and valued because of the quality of the fudge. He asked me if it was hard, and I haven't told him yet. Between you and me, it was so stinkin easy! If I tell him that, then he will expect it more, so I have to keep it hush hush! Then I can prove that he really only looks at the pictures on the blog, and "skims through" the rest! Here is the link to the fudge recipe! It is so easy, and tasty. Here is my sick little patient, in his fudge coma! Don't ask me about the hat. It has been in the 70's here, and he feels like he is outside in the freezing cold. The sooner he can get off these meds, the better!

2 comments:

Julie Barb said...

awww...poor Joel, he looks so pathetic:) What a nice wife you are to make him some fudge. I've never made PB fudge...have to try it. However, I do have an awesome recipe for chocolate fudge. It's the best I've tasted...so creamy, rich...and easy to make. It's my grandma's recipe...I can pass it on if you ever want to try to make chocolate fudge...

Kevin said...

He looks like a happy man.