IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Monday, November 17, 2008

Mondays with Maggie

I don't think I have ever gone 11 days with out a post! Life is busy and stressful. More on that later. There is a new segment on my blog, and it is called...? You guessed it, Mondays with Maggie. I babysit Maggie (7) and her borther Ryan (5 today!!!) They are both home schooled, and on Monday and Wednesday they come over to my house so that their mom can run her business. (Selling fiber and spinning wheels! Quite an interesting art for sure!!!)

I decided that Maggie and I needed to take our relationship to a new level, and introduced her to cooking, (something other then PB&J). I bought a few kid friendly cook books, and had Maggie pick out some recipes that make her mouth WATER!!! I like to change up the recipes a bit, beucase they seem a little bland, and I am all about kids appreciating different food. So, now ever Monday, Maggie and I spend some time learning about cooking! Today we learned the abbriviations for tsp, and tbs, and what the difference between the two are. Maggie spins fibers like her mom, so she knows about ounces. It is great to have a super smart student!!!

Today for our first class we made: Lettuce Boats



You will need:


12oz canned chicken
1 can whole kernal corn
1 sliced scallion
2 tablespoon Mayo
juice from half of lemon
salt and pepper to taste
6 boston lettuce leaves

Step 1: Add ingredients & Mix together


Step 2: Assemble boats (Confession: I didn't think Maggie would do it right, so I did it for her. Turns out, I didn't do it very well either!) Here are our boats!

3 comments:

Kevin said...

I'll take one.

Jennifer Urbin Photography said...

Finally a posting to read from the famous evans factor! I love your new idea...Mondays with Maggie...so cute. You are so special...she's lucky to have you in her life. The pictures look great too. Look at you. Can't wait for the next posting...even though...I already know what it's going to be about. I guess I'm just excited to read all the comments. Until next time and it better not be 11 days away either ;)

Sisters staying connected... said...

You really wouldn't let her assemble it? Why am I not surprised! You are funny. ...alie