IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Pumpkin Spice YUMMEENESS!!!


It seems like every moms group I go to, I hear all about, "Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Lattes". One of my "besties" almost put her family in financial ruins because of the "Fall Favorite". Since, I am not a coffee drinker, I decided to make my own, "Pumpkin Spice" concoction. I shared this with my bestie, and she is now on her way to financial freedom! Hahaha... Really, she told me it tastes "Exactly Like Starbucks". So for all the moms that love this drink, try it today. I love it even without the coffee. But, if you must, and I understand that people must have a, "MUST", (mine is my cold Diet Coke from a can at 4pm.) then go for it. But, if you aren't a coffee drinker, like probably 75% of my readers, then, "Cheers" for a non-coffee yummy treat. I will be making this for all my "Holiday Visitors".

2 Tablespoons of Pumpkin puree
1 Teaspoon of Vanilla
2 Tablespoon of white sugar, OR I hear Splenda is good too
1 cup of milk, I used 2%, but skim, or whole, whatever your hips can afford
1/4 Teaspoon of Pumpkin Pie Spice

Mix this all together in a small saucepan. Whisk constantly for 5 minutes, then it will be nice a frothy, and ready to drink. Or, poor over your liking of coffee.

4 comments:

Jennifer Urbin Photography said...

Hee hee hee not only is your bestie thanking you but so is her husband and her bank account ;) It really is wonderful and if anyone out there is reading this....I made it with skim milk and Splenda and only used probably 1/4 of the mix to 8 oz of fresh brewed coffee....I definitely would not recommend mixing the full cup with your coffee...it would be way to sweet. this is heaven in a cup! thanks again...oh yeah and my kids said thank you too....no more white knuckle time or whiplash for them when I would have to put the car on two wheels going mach 1 as I would turn into the nearest Starbucks drive through....hee hee hee. And who says my life isn't adventurous??

AMy said...

i love starbucks white hot chocolate!!!

The Prices said...

sounds yummy. will try tonight!

liso. said...

mmm, my personal fave is the caramel apple spice. and my life changed when i found a recipe for it!