IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Holy CRAFT!

My poor pathetic blog. SOOOOO sad!

With 30 shopping days left, and only 33 pregnant days left... I am so blessed to have my parents in town! They are here for the Thanksgiving holiday, but more importantly, they are here to get me ready for all the upcoming happiness! I finally realized, that I can craft! With help from all the crafty bloggers, and being too tired to do anything but sit or lay, I have been able to get a few things done. I am really proud of my accomplishments, and therefore, I must blog about it! There is not much I am getting done in my world right now, so these things make me feel completely useful!

First, my Christmas wreath! I am having a very untraditional, color theme going on here. But, I love it. It was so easy, and fun to make, and I love pulling up to my house to this. I used leftover scrap book paper, glue, hot glue, and a styrafoam wreath. I think is goes great against the dark colored from door. I haven't noticed the neighbors stopping in the tracks yet... but I have a feeling, this baby could stop traffic. (HAH!!!)

This next craft is more traditionally colored, but untraditionally assembled. Papa, and Nora, made this craft possible. Some hot glue, craft wire, an old frame from the thrift store, and cute little Christmas balls were all I needed to make this work of art. I am thinking I can leave the frame up, and Change out the center based on the seasons? We'll see how motivated I am in January??? But, just be looking for updates on the frame.



There are a few more that are in the works, and maybe will be posted at a later time. I will make sure to take a belly picture when I inhale a half of turkey. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

4 comments:

Karyna said...

Those crafts are so cool! You know how much I love to do crafts.

RH said...

I LOVE the tree, with our without the frame, PLEASE SEND INSTRUCTIONS!!! That is the cutest thing I have ever seen!

Jennifer Urbin Photography said...

too cute!!!!! love the wreath...it looks like it took forever! and the Christmas tree is adorable. can't wait to see what you post next.

Cristi said...

I LOVE your crafts! Your wreath is to DIE for!!! So festive!!