IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Monday, October 12, 2009

Almost 3!

Nora will be three this week. Since every day she does something pretty funny, this week, I will attempt to blog about it!

After a long weekend, I decided I REALLY needed a nap! I put Nora down for her nap, and today, she wanted NOTHING to do with it! So, I locked the front door, locked the back door, and told her that she needed to play quietly in her room. So, while she was "playing quietly" I got to take a little snooze. That was until...

Nora: "Mommy, wake up! You need to put Mulans dress on her!"
Me: NORA, you need to play in your room, while mommy takes a nap. Please don't come out of your room.
Nora: UUUGH!

So, after less then ten minutes, I was feeling too guilty to sleep! So, I just laid there, and listened to her play with her toys. She never ended up taking her nap. When daddy came home, we talked about her day. I asked her,
Me: Did we have a good day?
Nora: Daddy, mommy was very ANGRY at me.
Daddy: Really, why was mommy angry?
Nora: She made me sad.
Daddy: What happened?
Nora: She wanted to sleep.
Daddy: Did you let her sleep?
Nora: Nope, and she was angry!
Daddy: Why wouldn't you let her sleep?
Nora: UUUGH!
Daddy: Nora, Mommy is trying to grow a baby in her tummy. She needs lots of rest, and if she doesn't get rest, then she may become angry.
Nora: But mommy didn't put Mulans dress on her!

Anyways, the conversation went on and on. And all I could hear was my mom saying, "Oh yeah, I'll show you angry!"

I also got to thinking about how tired I have been. I realize that when I have a newborn, I will be tired too, but I really hope it is a different kind of tired.

Speaking of the newborn... he is due to arrive in eleven weeks! I have been feeling great, and only gained 10lbs so far! My new doctor is ecstatic every time she measures me! The baby makes a great mouse pad, and plate rest. I retract any statements that I have ever made about him being so gentle. As of the last few weeks, he doesn't want me to forget how snug he is in there. I'm thinking in the next few weeks, we will start making a few purchases for this guy. But for now, I think I will try to take a nap.

3 comments:

Cristi said...

Happy Birthday, Nora! And as for you being tired - it comes with the age! Having newborns at our age is .. well ... tiring! Ha! :) Just kidding ... kind of ;) You'll do just fine. Heavenly Father blesses us with the strength we need so that we can take care of and love our babies. And our good husbands help too! Love you!

The Prices said...

I'll take a newborn over pregnancy any day!!! I can't believe Nora is about to be three!

Q'Ville said...

I regret that I wasted so much time being an angry mommy. I hear Nora's tender voice taking the pulse: "you happy, mommy?" If mommy's happy, we're all happy. Love you all ever so much.