IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Two days to BREATHE... then Round four... Part One

(Disclaimer: I have had this post in my box since yesterday, and it still isn't finished. Part 2 coming... some day!)


We love having company. It gets rather lonely here in Va Beach, and we have desperately pleaded for friends and family to come and visit. We had NO IDEA they would all come at the same time! So, sometime... several Thursdays ago... my parents arrived. They were here till Wednesday, then on Thursday my sister-in-law, and one of our best friends Katie, came with their three kids. They left on Tuesday morning, and I left to pick up Jennifer. Jennifer flew out today, Wednesday, and I am here all alone... well, till Saturday, when Joels mom arrives, and will be here for a week. Then we will be once again... ALL ALONE! Oh wait... I forgot... one day last week, I got a phone call from some of our best friends from Michigan, saying, "We don't really know if we will be by you, but we are headed to NC for the weekend, and might come by." Then got the call on Friday, during our Krispy Kreme ritual, "We are about 20 minutes away, can we see you?" Of course we loved seeing them too, and they loved that we had a bathroom for them to brush their teeth in! Joel was able to see them on Monday when they headed back through Norfolk on their way home.

This has all led me to being way behind in blogging. Either I can go back and document every visitors stay, and all the fun we had, and all the great things we did, and bore you to tears, or I can fill in the highlights. Since I LOVE MY READERS, and I want them to continue reading, we will go with the later.

We did lots with Lulu, and Papa. We made pasta sauce, enough to feed the entire Va Beach area! We went to the beach, we went to the Farmers Market, Krispy Kreme, a church social, the aquarium, and Colonial Williamsburg. I think there was more, but all the things that we have done in the last few weeks, are starting to blend together. Williamsburg was by far the highlight of their visit. What fun!!!

Nora got to be part of a show, and had to drag her chubby mom with her! UGH!!!

Telling my dad not to wear socks with sandals, because of how goofy it looks, is like telling me not to wear gauchos! I know I shouldn't wear them, but they are so great these days, I can't help myself. Joel hates them! Me, I LOVE LOVE THEM!

Round 2 was Alison, her two kids, and Katie and her daughter. Together they made the 800 some odd mile drive! They are troopers! I wish I had Beverly Hills Hotel accommodations for them, because they deserved it! We did most of the same stuff we did the week before. BEACH, AQUARIUM, KRISPY KREME, HOE DOWN, one day we had rain, so Uncle Joel found a bunch of balloons, and the kids went to town playing with them! My niece Marley is the sassiest little girl. She is a riot just to sit and watch. She reminds me so much of my brother... it's almost scary. I couldn't help but just want to bite her and her cuteness, all the time!






Alie and Katie are great. They have earned that spot in Heaven. The drive from Michigan to Virginia Beach isn't the easiest job, but they did it just like pro moms would do. I love you girls!!! You will never know how much it meant to me, to have you here. LOVES LOVES LOVES!!!

4 comments:

Jamie Thompson said...

LOVE the gauchos too. And the picture with Krispy Kreme hats Awesome.

Jean Smith said...

wow. i still can't believe that you can host that many visitors all in a row and not go crazy!!! but, you are a social butterfly and apparently people are missing you and are comin a flocking down to virginia to visit.

by the way, good thing you mentioned us...i would have been offended. ok, not really. well, kind of.

Q'Ville said...

Was it really FIVE DAYS we were there? Didn't seem that long to us. Miss you already.

AMy said...

i don't think any guy likes gauchos...but then again i don't think any guy has dealt with a growing belly....wait...maybe if joel started drinking beer then he would understand :)