IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Monday, August 17, 2009

Random Thoughts... (Thanks Brenda!)

1) Having my mother in law in town is way better than I ever imagined! She went grocery shopping, cleaned, loaded and unloaded the dishwasher, demands that I go take naps, she has Nora help her pick out her earrings every day, which Nora loves! Her presence makes my husband extra lovey to me! Does she have to go home?

2) Ok, what is the deal with BOYS CLOTHES! I never paid much attention, because there were always so many choices for little girls... but, this is bad! How come moms with boys have not taken a stand sooner? Where do I find the isles and isles of boys clothes? At Target today, looking for a little present for my "Scooter", and in the shoe department, Honest to goodness, one whole wall full of toddler girls shoes, and another wall 2/3 full of girls shoes, and then the other 1/3 was for boys! Then in the clothes... all the girl stuff is in the main isle for everyone to see, and the boy stuff is shoved was in the back! REALLY? Is this typical for most places, or just Target? I need you moms of boys to help me! I remember buying Noras first outfit(s) and coming home so excited to show everyone, and how fun it was. This outing just made me irritated! (I am pregnant, so I allow myself to become more irritated, I will repent for that when I know it won't happen again!)

3) We might see a hurricane here in Va. Beach, and that makes me a little excited! Is that bad?

4) I just found a company that makes and sells chocolate covered bananas in the freezer section of the grocery store. I ate one on the way home, and one when I got home. I may have a problem!

5) I can't wait to photograph my little "Scooter"!

6) We are going to Disney World again, in... 40 some days! WOO HOO!!! (Joel just recently told me, he loves that I love Disney! That is a big admission for him, he usually acts annoyed, like a tough guy!)

7) I love when Joel gets sentimental, and mushy! He is really good at it!

8) I miss my old friend Ryan. I can't believe he is almost 6. I think about him all the time, and he probably doesn't even remember me. I love that kid!

9) Do bananas make you poop, or opposite? Does chocolate help even it out?

10) I can't wait for Project Runway to come back on! I haven't seen it in years! Cable tv has an advantage! Heidi Klum! YAY!!!

11) Sometimes I can't believe I live so far away from my people! I miss them. =(

12) I always hear, "It is crazy, how different your kids personalities can be." What if I want it to be just as easy the second time? Is it possible, or am I DOOMED? UGH... I am scared!

13) Is it worth $80.00 to get a 2nd 3D ultra sound with a 30 minute dvd? I have always just had 2D, but thought it would be cool to see a 3D one... any thoughts?

14) That was very therapetical! Now, I must go rest... ahhh... life is great!

4 comments:

Julie Barb said...

I enjoyed reading your random thoughts:) Try Children's Place for boys clothes. There's definitely not as much selection for boys clothes wherever you go...and they aren't nearly as cute...but I've found cute stuff at CP. Good luck!

Q'Ville said...

WOW, R A N D O M!!!
Gramma introduces Nora to earrings? Love it.
I think your second hurricane will be less exciting.
Chocolate bananas? I concur. They are fun to make, too. Roll them in nuts, cocoanut, put a slother of PB on before dipping. Guess what I'm making for dinner tonight.
Disney... Joel is just that kinda guy.
Don't EVER say or refer to poop on your facebook or blog unless you are talking about babies or puppies.
Kids with different personalities? Nooo, I had 2 kids exactly alike. DON'T pay more than 10 bux for an ultrasound. The skin version is much cuter and soon approaching.
PS JOEL: HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Jamie Thompson said...

You are NON stop Fun... I love your blogs. I dont know why we ever stopped hanging out. I wish you were here so i could hang out with you again. You are exactly how i remember you. Keep Posting lady.

Whitney said...

Julie is right.... it's impossible (well.. nearly inmpossible) to find a good selection of boy clothes. I have turned to online shopping for Cohen. Meredith and I have found many-an-awesome website devoted to uber cool boy clothes.

one that comes to mind: www.littleruler.com very cute skater clothes and shoes. Plus that have great sales, and ship super quick. GAP online is good to... a much better selection than in stores. And.. there is always etsy.com for super cute one of a kind clothes. love that place. Oh yes... and www.crazy8.com , Gymbo clothes at Old Navy prices. And... www.naartjie.com.. super cute funky clothes. Oh and this one:http://www.sourpussclothing.com/index.asp?cat=44

Really.... the best place to find a big variety of boy clothes is online... at least that has been my experience.

CONGRATS on "Scooter"!! ;-)