IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Haystacks for Dinner... Hawaiian Style!

I love this meal, and this is the first time I have ever made it. What have I been waiting for? I am pretty sure this is a mormon meal, so let me share with you the bliss known as Hawaiian Haystacks. Super easy...

cooked rice
1 can cream of chicken soup mixed with a half of can of chicken stock, and 1 lb of cooked diced chicken thrown in
any topping you want, we chose: red peppers, orange cheese, crispy Asian noodles, yellow pineapple, and green onions.

They are yummy to eat, pretty to photograph, great learning colors tool for the kids, and well, the gravy was so good, our kid only wanted that, and straight out of the pot. Not a good habit to get into. Get creative, and do whatever you want. You'll feel like you took the night off when you cook this meal. And it's way better than pizza!

5 comments:

The Prices said...

I forgot about hawaiian hay stacks. I'll bet my kids would love them. so, is my family the only ones who called them chinese sundaes?

Julie Barb said...

We used to have these all the time...for some reason I forgot about them...thanks for the reminder, I'll have to try them again sometime

Sisters staying connected... said...

Ok, come home and cook for me. I need some Kirstynn-style TLC. Nora looks so grown up, tell her to stop it already. Love you...Alie

liso. said...

ummm, how did i miss the mormonmemo? i've never even HEARD of these!?! just serve oer rice?

just might have to give this a try...

Anonymous said...

Loved This!

MP!