IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE PROCESS OF RAISING CHILDREN, BE AWARE. THE TINY FINGERPRINTS THAT SHOW UP ON ALMOST EVERY NEWLY CLEANED SURFACE, THE TOYS SCATTERED AROUND THE HOUSE, THE PILES AND PILES OF LAUNDRY LYING AROUND TO BE TACKLED, WILL DISAPPEAR ALL TOO SOON. AND, YOU WILL, TO YOUR SURPRISE, MISS THEM PROFOUNDLY. THOMAS S. MONSON

Friday, July 9, 2010

The Fruits of their Labor

I say “their”, because Joel and Nora have really been doing the work in the garden, and I would hate to steal their thunder. Now, I know that I posted a few weeks ago, about the disease that our garden contracted, so I am not sure that any of this stuff will be edible.  But, I am still excited to share the pictures with you. We are growing cherry tomatoes….

DSC_5330

 

Sugar Baby Watermelons: and can I just say how cute these little babies are! I love that the stripes look like stretch marks… I just want to rub body butter all over them, and bring them a diet coke, and tell them, that we will still love them after we eat them. DSC_5327 DSC_5331

Cucumbers:DSC_5328

I can’t seem to get pictures of our beans before Nora picks them and eats them… but its the only time I can get her to scarf her vegetables, so, I’m not going to complain. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Favorite quote: " I just want to rub body butter all over them, and bring them a diet coke, and tell them, that we will still love them after we eat them."

Q'Ville said...

I love your garden. Gardening does the soul well.

Bryan & Reiko said...

I hope it is okay that I found your blog. I love the picture of the day idea. Also I must confess that I love the orange scones at Panera. I now can stay in contact with you while I am off in my far away land.